Monday, June 18, 2007

The Birthday Girl!

Saturday gone was my Nan's (Callum's Great Nanny's) birthday, she was 84 years old. For the special occasion my Mum (Nanny Mary to Callum) had a little party for her, just close family. What was great that a few weeks ago my Nan had been in hospital and even though we all put on a brave face I think we were very concerned. Thankfully she's now out of hospital and although not looking 100% is looking better. It was a great afternoon and we even got to see my Auntie Ida and Uncle Paul which until recently (while my Nan was in hospital) we hadn't seen each other in ages, I think the last time they may have seen Callum he was only a few months old and he's going to be four years old next month. Unfortunately the weather was awful and it rained most of the day so there was no BBQ but plenty of my Mum's good old cooking and it did eventually hold off raining long enough to allow Callum and his cousins Eloise and Alex a play out in the garden... and some peace and quiet for the adults. As always I had my camera with me so here are a few photos (mostly of the children).



The Birthday Girl Blowing out her Candles




Having a snack to eat



The Birthday Girl



Who Ate All the Cake



One of these two did!



And still Alex is hungry



Callum happy enough with his jelly



Joe showing how enjoying it is spending time with family



Katie showing what's so great about Mum's grub



Push!



It's this way Alex!



You Can't Catch Me I'm the Gingerbread Man!



Time for a rest... and a pose



And so as not to leave the adults feeling left out...



No comments: